Splash Pad Attendant are responsible for performing a variety of duties to prepare the Splash Pad area for the demands of the patrons, daily supervision, and enforcing Splash Pad rules. Must be available: May-August/September, Days, Evenings, Weekends and Holidays (mandatory).
The Splash Pad Attendant will be responsible for:
• Acting as a customer service agent to all guests
• Monitor guests as they enter and exit the Splash Pad
• Monitor guests during their utilization of splash pad and enforce safety rules and guidelines
• Collect admission fees from patrons
• Assist patrons with questions and/or concerns
• Assist in incidents and/or accidents
• Assist other splash pad attendants with tasks as directed
• Monitor facility for trash and debris and perform appropriate cleanup
• Regularly check pool chemical levels and document readings
• Assist coworkers and patrons with identifying and addressing other customer service concerns
• Communicating regularly with other attendants, Splash Pad Leads, Recreation Programs Coordinator and Parks & Recreation staff to ensure the Splash Pad operates smoothly and efficiently
• Overseeing the enforcement of Splash Pad & Park rules at all times
• Completing accurate accidents, incident and/or department reports
• Rendering first aid in cases of minor injuries
• Assisting with light-duty cleaning, and the setup and breakdown of equipment and chairs
• Performing miscellaneous tasks as directed
• Applicant must be 17 years of age or older.
• Applicant must have the ability to work as a team member and coordinate with other staff in contributing to the goals of the program.
• Applicant must maintain cash and facility controls
• Applicant must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Applicant must have exceptional communication skills.
• Applicant must be able to interpret policies and procedures.
• Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of this role, with or without an accommodation.
• Applicant must provide their own transportation.
• Applicant must have the ability to understand and demonstrate competencies outlined in Aquatic Facility Emergency Action Plan.
• Applicant must be able to work a flexible schedule, Monday through Sunday, from May 28 through September 3.
• Applicant must be able to attend mandatory Splash Pad orientation/training sessions scheduled on Sunday May 13 from 1pm to 4pm.
• Regular and consistent attendance is required.
City of Kennesaw-Growing City, Growing Careers
From its pre-Civil War beginnings in the 1800s, to its current reputation as a Best City to Live In, Kennesaw has been recognized throughout the U.S. for its standards of excellence and quality of life. Kennesaw has grown to a community of 36,000 residents within a 9-square-mile area. Located 26 miles north of downtown Atlanta near I-75, Kennesaw has taken advantage of its convenient location and the willingness of its employees to provide a strong base of services to businesses, residents, and visitors alike.
The City of Kennesaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and the Kennesaw Police Department actively recruits any qualified person regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or age.
We participate in the E-Verify program as required by law. To find out more, visit. www.everify.gov