General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.
Imagine being part of the team that develops the technologies, products and services that help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe. The work is important. The challenges are career-defining. The opportunity is waiting for you at GDMS.
The Senior Principal IT Network Design Engineer at our San Jose location, will develop complex designs, implement leading edge technologies and protocols worldwide and provide services to the most critical networks and important customers in the world. In this role, you are responsible for planning, implementing, designing, analyzing, and maintaining highly complex network infrastructures.
What you’ll experience:
• Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
• A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
• Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Mathematics equivalent STEM degree or higher and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
• Extensive Network Operations and Planning experience working in a multi-LAN/WAN environment designing and implementing network solutions
• Expert ability to Design, Engineer, Spec-out viable solutions suitable for business/industrial clients from the ground up and carried all the way through Installation, Configuration, Implementation, Troubleshooting of Switches, Routers and Access Points and provide complete follow-up care
• Experience in technology enhancements and direction to drive improvements for customer requirements
• Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems
• Provide specific detailed information for hardware, software and vendor selection recommendation
• Design and implementation of network security best practices, including defense-in-depth, hardening, authentication, monitoring
• A strong technical background with experience in designing and deploying network LAN, WAN, firewall and VPN solutions across customer sites infrastructure
• Experience with wireless networking
• Experience with Security/Firewall Appliances and configuration
• Network performance analysis, optimization, and tuning, including network traffic management, like QoS
• Experience with network protocol analyzers and troubleshooting tools in a complex environment
• In-depth knowledge of Routing and Switching technologies and Protocols
• Experience utilizing multi-vendor such as Cisco/Juniper/Brocade/Palo Alto Network Routing, Switching, and Firewall Technologies
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP
• Working knowledge on network automation and virtualization
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to work in a team oriented structure
What sets you apart:
• Ability to sell your concepts and ideas
• Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
• Ability to quickly grasp and apply new information
• Effectively handle complex assignments
• Commitment to ongoing professional development
• Must have one of Cisco CCDA, CCDP, CCNP or equivalent
• Must have one of Security+, CISSP or equivalent
We are an independent recruiting agency with several years of experience providing staffing services for both companies and job seekers.