JLGOV has a contract opportunity for a Network Engineer 4 to support our customer. The Network Engineer shall review existing documentation for completeness and accuracy of the documentation relative to the actual operating environment and update as necessary. The Network Engineer shall closely coordinate network activities with various cross-functional groups as necessary.
Must be a U.S. Citizen, no sponsorship
Must be able to pass a national background check
ON-SITE (3 days ON Site, 2 Remote) Required
Parking IS available on campus for contractors
Duration: will likely be extended beyond 6/30/22, probably for an additional 6-12 months or more
Must have a minimum of 8 years of experience in this role
The responsibilities of the Network Engineer will include maintenance of all current/new network hardware and software that will be installed in the future. The Network Engineer is expected to provide support for the field equipment installation, maintenance and troubleshooting communications interconnectivity as necessary or as directed.
This position will also be required to perform some system administration related duties. Typical duties expected of the Network Engineer shall include, at a minimum, the following:
• Monitor network performance/utilization
• Add / delete system users
• Change user privileges
• Provide full system backups and restoration, if necessary
• Manage network security policies and procedures
• Participate in Configuration Change Board (CCB) meetings
• Manage network configuration
• Archive data as directed
• Develop reports
• Implement bug fixes, patches and upgrades
• Support the addition of field devices to the system
• Manage maintenance support agreements
• Provide other network related technical support as directed by the Regional Transportation Operations Manager (RTOM) or designee.
JLGOV is a primary source for business process outsourcing, staff augmentation, technology services, and Staffing agency. JLGOV is a small business headquartered in Virginia Beach, VA. Our goal is to meet the needs of customers across multiple verticals to include DoD, Commercial, Local, and State levels worldwide.