Are you a seasoned education leader with a track record of success in changing the trajectory of student outcomes? We’re looking for you!
We’re hiring Senior Associates who are primarily responsible for the implementation of contracts and serving as the primary point of contact for our implementation partners, including school, district, and state organizations.
Senior Associates lend their expertise in education reform, instruction, coaching, and project management to our partners within the US and abroad. In addition, they have the ability to foster strong relationships with partners, execute contracts successfully, and provide our partners with a high quality of service.
Our Senior Associates work closely with the Director of Service Delivery to manage contracts and with other associates to deliver services.
Based on the scope of the position described below, our Senior Associates can expect:
• a fast-paced work environment,
• opportunities to work on a range of projects that make a deep impact in instruction and student achievement, and
• collaborative, fun colleagues who are passionate about changing the trajectory of all students’ lives.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent group and meeting facilitation skills
• Ability to think critically and strategically
• Depth and breadth of knowledge in the field of K-12 education
• Ability to thrive in ambiguity and be a self-starter
This role comes with an expectation of regular travel. We are looking to hire full-time and contract employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as Partnership Manager for a large contract and/or a portfolio of contracts, managing the day-to-day implementation of the work
• Responsible for understanding and executing the breadth of the contract requirements including keeping a pulse on staff utilization rates and the status of the contract budget
• Develop and execute an implementation plan
• Serve as direct, day-to-day point-of-contact for clients
• Work with the Director of Service Delivery and other associates to design and implement services for clients including strategic consulting, planning and strategy design; coaching for teachers and leaders; training for all levels of educators; program development; and resource development
• Manage the development and delivery of services to ensure that they are of high quality and meet the needs of the client (e.g., facilitate weekly team calls and debrief sessions post service delivery, provide feedback to teammates, etc.)
• Share deep instructional knowledge and expertise and utilize effective facilitation and coaching skills when working with administrators, teachers, and coaches to drive their practice forward
• Provide considerable knowledge and expertise about education reform, research findings, policies and effective practices in key education reform areas
• Work with the CEO and Director of Service Delivery to secure renewal opportunities for contracts
• Capitalize on strategic outreach opportunities to foster relationships and new business leads
• Position Insight for long-term success through public speaking engagements, presentations, publications
• Work with the Business Development team to document successes from work with partners and contribute to the writing of other marketing collateral
• Demonstrated experience in education leadership including school district leadership, school leadership (principal), leading professional development, coaching leaders/teachers/educators, and/or designing and implementing strategic plans and change management
• Outstanding strategic thinking skills, including the ability to make meaning of unclear and sometimes opposing priorities to advise and move a client forward in work that maximizes their impact on student achievement
• Demonstrated ability to foster and maintain positive relationships with high-level district and state leaders, partners, and other constituents
• Demonstrated experience in facilitating professional development and coaching for all levels of educators.
• Experience in an administrative role (i.e., at the school or district level) is strongly preferred
• Outstanding project management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and budgets simultaneously under tight deadlines
• Experience and deep expertise in one or more of the firm’s practice areas including designing and implementing strategic plans, change management, coaching organizations/teams, and leading professional development
• Experience developing and implementing educator effectiveness systems and/or training in CCRS implementation is strongly preferred
• Excellent oral, written, and client communication skills
• Strong academic record, including a graduate degree
• Strong commitment to improving student learning and achievement and moving education systems beyond the status quo
• Ability to “think on your feet” and inspire confidence in the team and clients Highly organized and a detail-oriented self-starter committed to quality
• Demonstrated experience working effectively in teams and with diverse constituencies
• Ability to manage group planning processes successfully
• Comfort with ambiguity
• Flexible, resourceful and good-humored
• Must thrive in and understand a fast-growing, fast-paced virtual office environment
• Willing to travel regularly
Insight is a virtual company headquartered in Encino, CA. We seek to hire the best person for the position, regardless of location. Currently, our staff members reside in California, Colorado, Georgia, Maryland, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, and Washington D.C. The location for this position is flexible.
Insight provides competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package including a performance-based bonus based on individual and firm success, health care coverage, and access to 401(k) accounts.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or national origin, or any factors prohibited by local, state or federal law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the ADA and related state laws. This employment application does not create a contract or offer of employment. If hired, employment with the company will be on an at-will basis and can be terminated at the will of either you or the company.
We are an international educational consulting organization that partners with education leaders to develop the strategy and confidence to lead bold change—and we provide the wrap-around and embedded supports to make change happen. As former teachers, coaches, school leaders, and high-level district and state administrators, we appreciate the challenges, nuances, and opportunities of implementing large-scale change and we know the keys to making them stick.
Since 2000, we have partnered with schools, districts, charter management organizations, and states in the US and abroad through some of their largest challenges, including:
successfully turning around chronically underperforming schools through a variety of evidence-based school improvement supports,
training aspiring and current leaders to be strategic and get the right things done through leadership academies and executive coaching, and
helping to change the culture of teacher growth to one of trust through PLCs, professional development, and instructional coaching.
The efficacy of our work has been documented in prominent studies such as:
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s Measures of Effective Teaching Project
Harvard's Center for Education Policy Research's The Best Foot Forward Project
RAND Corporation's Improving Teaching Effectiveness: Access to Effective Teaching
Georgia's Governor’s Office of Student Achievement (GOSA)'s 2015-2016 End-of-Year Evaluation Report for the Reading Mentors Program
We continuously seek individuals from diverse backgrounds who are committed to implementing large-scale change in schools and districts nationally so that every child has access to a high-quality education. Insight is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Insight does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.