Full responsibility for the preparation, development and execution test cases and test scripts to validate the functionality of business applications. Develop and maintain requirements-testing traceability matrices. Lead project related: Functional/Integration, Regression and User Acceptance Testing activities. During test execution, analyze actual results against expected results, record and track defects. Compile test effort metrics and reporting. This role take direction for the Project Manager while working closely with the other QA Test Analysts, business analysts and developers for requirement analysis and understanding the application functionality.
Purpose of Role/Organizational Unit:
The IT&S Quality Assurance Lead will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating quality assurance activities across different projects in the program. This will include developing a test strategy, identifying the QA tasks for the project plan, the construction of test cases, and helping to estimate testing time frames and resources needed for a project. As the quality assurance engineer, the person will be expected to provide guidance and subject matter expertise to IT teams on QA methodologies and processes and solidify this asset as one that provides high business value, flexibility, and usability for all business areas.
The following functions are the responsibility of the Quality Assurance Lead. This individual may be asked to solely perform these functions or may choose to delegate some of these functions to other members of their team, per agreement with the Leader of the Quality Assurance Team. Ultimately, responsibility for ensuring that the functions are performed rests with this position.
• Plays a lead role in QA efforts on multiple and simultaneous projects.
• Works on projects of moderate to high complexity that requires in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
• Work with software architects and developers throughout the software development life cycle to develop software test strategy and plan.
• Responsible for full test lifecycle, including writing test plans, scripts, conditions and test documentation.
• Participate in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load and system testing.
• Responsible for the overall success of testing. Manages assigned projects from IT Quality Testing through final User Acceptance testing.
• Performs quality audits to ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed.
• Advanced technical knowledge, with hands on experience in new and legacy computing architectures and environments (e.g., client/server, Web, mainframe).
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express technical concepts in business terms.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Thorough knowledge of QA strategy, process and bug tracking tools.
• Knowledge of Data warehouse and Business Objects.
• Knowledge of relational databases and database applications (Oracle or Microsoft SQL). Oracle sql query experience preferred.
• Experience with automated testing tools. Previous experience with IBM Rational tools in highly desirable.
• Experience with executing performance, stress, load, and benchmark tests.
• Must be able to work on multiple complex projects, meet deadlines, and deal with conflicting priorities. Having the ability to multitask is a must.
• Strong leadership skills are required. Having the ability to work individually and within a team is must.
• Previous experience with global initiatives or projects utilizing virtual teams is required.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
PMC is a leading provider of quality, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, operations productivity, and IT Staffing solutions. Our solutions help customers shorten product life cycles, increase quality and throughput, reduce lead time, and improve their return on capacity and technology investments (ROI). Please visit www.PMCorp.com to learn more.