Legends Charter School is currently recruiting for an Instructional Coach to join our outstanding staff for the 2020 school year.
Supports teachers’ achievement of goals, as needed, by effectively employing coaching strategies that gradually release responsibility for implementing instructional practices to the teacher (for example, co-planning, modeling, and observing).
Analyzes teacher practice through ongoing classroom observations, data analysis, and examination of student work.
Provides clear and direct feedback to teachers based on analysis of practice and tracks student and teacher progress to assess the effectiveness of coaching.
Develops teachers’ capacity to collect and analyze multiple sources of data to improve student learning.
Articulates a clear instructional vision alongside the principal with a school-wide focus on teaching and learning that is data-driven, standards-aligned and rooted in a belief that all students can achieve at high levels.
Fosters collaboration and teacher leadership.
Job Skills & Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree required;
Minimum of three years of teaching experience with demonstrated success in teaching higher-level skills in reading and mathematics.
Holds or is eligible for a Maryland Standard Professional Certificate in math or reading.
Successful experience as a facilitator of school-based activities focused on educational change and improvement;
Ability to work with diverse populations;
Thorough knowledge of the Grade K-8 science, reading or math pedagogy and current best practices;
· Demonstrated competence in developing and leading staff development sessions for a variety of audiences;
· Knowledge of state standards and assessment in science, math or reading;
· Working knowledge of student performance data and classroom assessment practices as they relate to improving instruction and achieving high learning standards;
· Exceptional interpersonal and team building skills, including the ability to network closely with other instructional coaches, district colleagues, and community partners;
· Ability to provide professional development support to teachers; and
· Must have strong organizational and strategic planning skills; and outstanding oral, written, and technology skills.
Experience as an instructional coach
The Maryland Public Charter School Act of 2015 defines employees of a public charter school as public-school employees of the local school district in which the charter school is located. All charter school educational employees are subject to the terms of the negotiated agreements and shall receive the same rights and protections afforded educational staff employees in the traditional schools of the Prince George’s County School System (PGCPS). All qualified applicants must apply through the PGCPS iRecruitment Website
Equity Now, Inc. is an organization founded to expedite change.
Equity Now's efforts are focused on discovering, planning and implementing innovative solutions for pathways of building equity in the community.
Our efforts are strategically focused on the growing number of families fighting for economic and educational equity.
There is a growing recognition of the importance of equity to economic development and upward mobility. High-quality education improves long-term academic and economic outcomes for children and communities. Therefore, Equity Now is committed to nurturing the full capacity of communities, helping them achieve their full economic and academic potential.