Overall, the candidate should have a strong background in IT Architecture and will be required to perform the following:
* Analyze existing voting/pollbook systems to ensure they offer adequate security
* Prepare governing principles to guide decision making pertinent to solutions used in the elections domain
Full description is as follows:
* Serve as agency expert on voting systems, voting system security matters and electronic poll books
* Serve as the point of contact regarding voting systems, electronic poll books with the localities, the public, the
legislature and other state agencies.
* Advise agency leadership and localities on matters pertaining to voting system security, cyber security and
electronic poll books.
* Monitor local compliance with state and federal laws as well as with regulations, policies, standards and
guidelines adopted by the State Board (SBE) of Elections. Develop all activities relating to the certification of
new and upgraded voting systems technology, components and Electronic Poll books (EPBs) technology;
report results to agency leadership and localities; review all contracts between localities and vendors for the
purchase of voting systems technology or components and electronic poll books technology; provide
guidance to localities on matters pertaining to such purchases. Coordinate any available funding or
reimbursement activities for the purchase of voting systems technology and electronic poll books technology
DAY TO DAY:
• Maintain current knowledge of proposed and existing voting systems, system components, electronic poll books and election related technology. Monitor the status of programs and make recommendations to agency management regarding the implementation of new programs and modification of existing systems technology.
• Maintain current knowledge of state and federal political and legislative issues regarding voting technology. Advise agency leadership on policy matters relating to voting systems and electronic pollbooks technology. Serve as a part of the agency’s legislative team when requested.
• Interpret and write agency policy, guidance and other documentation regarding voting systems and electronic poll books technology. Establish and communicate minimum expectations for compliance. Assist localities in meeting state and federal requirements.
• Maintain electronic (and paper) repository of state and federal requirements for voting equipment, electronic poll books technology and records related to voting systems and electronic poll book certifications technology, security and election day issues logs. Provide necessary reports relating to this data when requested.
• Prepare timely responses to constituent letters on voting systems technology and electronic pollbooks technology matters.
• Provide effective and timely technical support for localities. Develop and foster an effective working relationship with localities, vendors and staff.
• Review data entered by localities is up to date and accurate as per SBE compliance and guidelines.
• Review solutions and vendors used by each locality and its compliance status.
• Review and Test systems technology functionalities of Audit and compliance system.
• Respond to requests for assistance and analysis on a timely basis.
• Monitor compliance with established policies and procedures for the purchase or lease of voting equipment technology.
• Review contracts to ensure that equipment purchased meets legal and technical requirements of the Commonwealth.
• Maintain accurate records of all purchases of voting systems technology, electronic poll books technology and peripheral devices by local governments. Maintain accurate and detailed records of the types and quantity of voting systems, electronic poll books and peripheral devices used in every locality, update as needed with purchases or retirement of voting systems or electronic poll books.
• Conduct regular reviews of the agency’s voting system technology security policies, standards and guidelines for accuracy and compliance with current federal laws and standards as well as current state laws, standards, policies and guidelines.
• Analyze the security plans of each locality for compliance and provide guidance as needed.
• Notify Localities for pending and/ or out of compliance systems security plan.
• Create a report on regular basis for upcoming events such as device testing, security plan, audit and compliance.
• Develop/maintain standards and guidelines for voting system technology security. Monitor compliance by localities with the agency’s policies, standards and guidelines as well as any implementing procedures. Communicate changes and monitor compliance by localities.
• Assist local electoral boards in developing and implementing voting system technology security plans and procedures to maintain the highest possible standard of protection for the equipment and the electoral process.
• Maintain accurate records of local compliance and conduct audits of local security plans when needed.
• Develop/maintain standards regarding certification/re certification of voting equipment technology and electronic pollbooks technology. Ensure localities have accurate information regarding certification standards.
• Receive and review applications for certification of new voting systems technology and electronic pollbooks technology or upgrades to hardware, software, firmware or peripheral devices. Facilitate the physical, legal and logistical tasks necessary for certification to be conducted.
• Maintain a comprehensive record keeping to track all legal document at a locality level.
• Successfully manage contracts relating to the voting systems technology and electronic poll books technology, ensuring the vendors meet requirement including service level needs of localities as defined in the contracts. Work with DGS to address any contractual issues that arise, including necessary contract renewals.
• Maintain accurate records of any hardware, software or firmware that is certified, decertified or superseded by certifications of new or updated models or versions.
• Provide effective and timely technical support for localities in matters relating to the State (EPB) Solution as needed.
• Assist with the technical development of software and hardware upgrades.
• Assist with the timely maintain of technical guidance documents as directed.
• Assist with the technical deployment of upgrades, maintenance changes and hardware support.
• Respond to emerging organizational needs with the willingness to apply specific knowledge skills and abilities to localities and other partners as directed by ELECT management and receive at least satisfactory rating by ELECT Management and partners for performance.
• Provides ongoing feedback to ELECT management to suggest process improvements and cost savings evaluating specific time/cost savings.
• Develop and deliver training programs for election officials, ELECT staff and voters.
• Coordinate and conduct training for localities to ensure proper and successful implementation of voting systems technology and electronic pollbooks technology.
• Ensure that training, cross training/knowledge transfer occurs for self and other Division members.
• Maintain documentation for all procedures and processes.
PMC is a leading provider of quality, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, operations productivity, and IT Staffing solutions. Our solutions help customers shorten product life cycles, increase quality and throughput, reduce lead time, and improve their return on capacity and technology investments (ROI). Please visit www.PMCorp.com to learn more.