Salary Range: $85000.00 - $156000.00 per year
Please note that part of the application process requires completing a short survey consisting of a general set of questions about your experience, interests, and career goals. Completing the survey requires only around 10 minutes of your time.
Expectations of an Engagement Manager or Principal
A rich understanding of the current state, language, trends, regulations, and leading-edge technology solutions in the energy sector will help you better ideate and craft solutions for our clients and work towards launching new lines of business that fit a defined market niche.
While consulting experience is not necessary, experience leading projects with an internal team of 3-5 people (including Associates as direct reports and Partners offering strategic direction and client management leadership) is critical. ADL projects are fast-paced and require consistent progress on multiple investigative fronts in the face of shifting client priorities and needs.
ADL Engagement Managers and Principals have an entrepreneur’s knack for novel business model design, scenario planning, piloting/experimentation, and digitization - but are simultaneously able to apply sustained focus to create client-ready reports and slide decks on short notice.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage day-to-day and week-to-week project operations as a player-coach, overseeing the preparation of client deliverables and strategically delegating to junior team members
- Lead client calls to review progress towards deliverables, test clients’ thinking, confirm project direction, and identify and set priorities for subsequent work
- Manage and develop client relationships, identifying and nurturing project opportunities with client points of contact and other leaders within client organizations
- Leverage old and new relationships and project successes to build a “book of business” in your core areas of expertise and interest
- Mentor and develop junior ADL staff, providing guidance and feedback to help all project staff both improve work performance and progress toward career goals
- Support internal ADL initiatives as needed, including hiring efforts, marketing / business development initiatives, and other operational developments to help ADL scale as a business
- Bring to your everyday work an undying curiosity and enthusiasm for ADL’s projects and potential to create change in historically slow-to-evolve industries
- Maintain and demonstrate a high level of professionalism, integrity and work ethic as a role model for junior staff
Ideal candidates will have the following experience and characteristics:
- 5-10 years of relevant commercial experience, ideally in the energy sector
- A dedicated commitment to asking the right questions as opposed to finding the right answers
- Self-starter who is highly motivated and responsive, and thrives under limited guidance in uncertain situations
- Passion for enacting innovation and positive societal change in the energy sector
- A strong and polished writing/communication style with an advanced command of the English language
- A strong curiosity and passion for technology commercialization in challenging settings, ideally demonstrated through past activities and employment
- Business case or consulting experience either through work or academic curriculum (preferred but not required)
- Strong balance of interpersonal skills with the ability to carefully research and synthesize findings with a high degree of organization
- Substantive community and extracurricular participation, including working effectively in challenging and diverse group / team settings
- Undergraduate degree and/or graduate degree
ADL teammates are currently in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Washington DC (Maryland), and Denver. We strongly prefer to hire in these locations.
About The EV Button
The EV Button approaches transportation electrification with a novel strategy: we focus on leveraging underutilized infrastructure as deployment locations for charging hubs. By taking advantage of on-site utility-scale power assets, parking and high-value real estate in coveted locations, we make going electric faster and significantly more affordable for fleets, while creating new revenue streams for property owners. Our multi-stakeholder model has attracted support from some of the largest national mobility leaders, property ownership groups, and state and local governments. A recent example: our project at UBS Arena, home to the NHL’s New York Islanders, was recently named a finalist for Clean Transportation Prizes in New York. Our goal: realize the electric future for transportation, today.