VWGoA’s DevOps Team uses the elasticity and utility of public cloud to create a shared infrastructure platform for Cloud ready applications. The DevOps team enables application and development teams to deliver high-performing, highly available and cost-effective solutions.
The DevOps Architect reports to the Manager of Cloud Services and is a working member of the VWGoA DevOps Team. The DevOps Architect provides leadership and assistance to the VWGoA DevOps team with regards to architecture design and infrastructure coding for various VW properties, and how they fit into the shared infrastructure platform.
A significant amount of time will be related to “ops? work such as production issues and third level type investigatory work. When not working on operations the DevOps Architect is working on software engineering tasks such as design and development of systems that increase our reliability, scalability and reduce operational overhead through automation.
• Write code, to support the platform, and individual projects.
• Participate and provide leadership in our code peer-review process.
• Work with Senior Architects to provide direction on new technologies and how to improve our Cloud platform.
• Work with the VWGoA Enterprise teams to find working solutions to promote and improve the Cloud platform that DevOps maintains ensuring the highest levels of reproducibility, reliability, and efficiency.
• Collaborate with the other senior members of the team to reach our over-arching goal; to produce resilient systems that can be operated effectively and improved continually.
• Team Building - Provide mentorship to the more junior members of the team, with an eye toward building a self-sustaining organization, where those members can in turn mentor others.
• Research and develop tools for improving processes and workflows with regards to automation, monitoring, deployment technologies, and performance of root cause analysis investigations.
• Responsible for full comprehension of container technologies and architectural patterns (e.g. Docker, k8s, etc.)
• Evangelism with VWGoA of best practices for interaction and collaboration with DevOps engineering teams
• Programming knowledge required (multiple platforms/languages).
• Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to multi-task across many projects and issues.
• Experience with business process documentation.
• Experienced with CI/CD.
• Preferred skills include DevOps/Automation Experience using automation tools such as Chef.
• Lead and guide the management of the DevOps tools utilized by the development teams to ensure scalability and resilience.
• Identify industry best practices and draft standards for design and implementation of continuous delivery, integration pipelines and automation workflows.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with clients, internal and partner resources.
Ideal Candidate Qualities:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Experience building and deploying and highly automated, scalable and maintainable infrastructure.
PMC is a leading provider of quality, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, operations productivity, and IT Staffing solutions. Our solutions help customers shorten product life cycles, increase quality and throughput, reduce lead time, and improve their return on capacity and technology investments (ROI). Please visit www.PMCorp.com to learn more.