Salary Range: $45000.00 - $106000.00 per year
Please note that part of the application process requires completing a short survey consisting of a general set of questions about your experience, interests, and career goals. Completing the survey requires only around 10 minutes of your time. The compensation range for this job covers Associate and Senior Associate positions.
Expectations of an Associate
An ADL Associate, typically with up to 3 years of experience (including past internships), is expected to support ADL projects in the energy, buildings and/or transportation sectors. An interest in and understanding of the leading-edge technology solutions in these spaces will help you better craft solutions for our clients and support teams in launching NewCos that fit a defined market niche.
Associates form the bedrock of ADL’s project delivery capabilities, and throughout the course of driving diverse sets of deliverables to completion - and participating in strategic ideation and planning sessions - curate a powerful knowledge base of both the problems plaguing today’s infrastructure-heavy sectors and the technologies that offer potential solutions. Historically, high-performing ADL Associates tend to leverage the knowledge and skills they gain to rise within ADL into positions of greater responsibility, pursue advanced degrees at top-tier programs, and/or transition into positions in VC, startups and/or top-tier consulting or banking firms.
Responsibilities will include
- Execute on project deliverables, including but not limited to research and insight synthesis, ideation and brainstorming, slide deck development, report writing and polishing, and other work products as needed
- Participating on client calls to review progress towards deliverables, test clients’ thinking, confirm project direction, and identify and set priorities for subsequent work
- Support senior staff in executing the end-to-end scopes of work to satisfy client needs, including project scoping and final deliverable delivery
- Support ADL portfolio companies in strategic efforts, including business development, research, product development, and/or non-dilutive and dilutive funding opportunity pursuits
- Support internal ADL initiatives as needed, including hiring efforts, marketing / business development initiatives, blog posts, and other operational developments to help ADL scale as a business
- Bring to your everyday work an undying curiosity and enthusiasm for ADL’s projects and potential to create change in historically slow-to-evolve industries
Ideal candidates will have the following experience and characteristics:
- Up to three years of post-graduate experience
- A dedicated commitment to asking the right questions as opposed to finding the right answers
- Self-starter who is highly motivated and responsive, and thrives under limited guidance in uncertain situations
- Passion for enacting innovation and positive societal change
- A strong and polished writing/communication style with an advanced command of the English language
- A strong curiosity for and natural inclination toward technology commercialization in challenging settings, ideally demonstrated through past activities and employment
- Strong balance of interpersonal skills with the ability to carefully research and synthesize findings with a high degree of organization
- Substantive community and extracurricular participation, including working effectively in challenging and diverse group/team settings
- Undergraduate degree
Location: ADL teammates are currently in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Washington DC (Maryland), and Denver. We strongly prefer to hire in these locations.
About The EV Button
The EV Button approaches transportation electrification with a novel strategy: we focus on leveraging underutilized infrastructure as deployment locations for charging hubs. By taking advantage of on-site utility-scale power assets, parking and high-value real estate in coveted locations, we make going electric faster and significantly more affordable for fleets, while creating new revenue streams for property owners. Our multi-stakeholder model has attracted support from some of the largest national mobility leaders, property ownership groups, and state and local governments. A recent example: our project at UBS Arena, home to the NHL’s New York Islanders, was recently named a finalist for Clean Transportation Prizes in New York. Our goal: realize the electric future for transportation, today.