The Assistant Project Manager (APM) position will aide in the management and control of assigned projects, including assisting the PM in overseeing office & field operations, site safety, productivity, schedule, quality work, and trade contractor and supplier coordination as the lead position of the project team. The APM reports directly to the Project Manager.
General Job Qualification Requirements
• High School and completion of Vocational School a plus, College degree preferred.
• 4 years minimum experience or equivalent role in a construction management role. (Commercial, Higher Education, Health Care, Secure Facility construction experience a preferred).
• Competency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Google for both email, calendar scheduling and coordination.
• Familiarity, or willingness to learn construction management software such as Prolog, MS Project, Excel, Sure Trak, and AutoCad.
• Team player with field supervision, project management and company administration staff.
• Basic safety standards knowledge.
• Ability to remain calm, focused and effective under time pressure situations.
• Self-starter with ability to meet goals and tasks.
• Willingness to perform occasional weekend and night work as required.
• Reliable transportation.
• Assist in the development of scope sheets and direct bidding efforts from subcontractors.
• Help develop jobsite logistics plan(s) as necessary with PM and Superintendent.
• Assist in the Constructability review.
• Assist management of the Preconstruction schedule.
• Aid PM in the compilation, verification, and publishing project estimates.
• Assist PM, Super and Executives in day-to-day office and field operations.
• Willingness to learn and perform new assignments.
• Assist PM in maintaining a safe and secure jobsite at all times.
• Help PM to ensure job safety requirements are understood and implemented by all project personnel and trade contractors, working with the safety support personnel as a resource. Continually strive for Zero Injury on all projects.
• Watch for and report to PM any and all safety hazards at the jobsite.
Customer Service/Business Development
• Strive to maintain positive relationships between Company and the Owner, architect, and/or other stakeholders throughout the project(s).
Salary: $55K - $70K
Kindred Communications is boutique direct-hire placement headhunting firm with a focus on diversity and inclusion tech placement. We strive to diversify the workforce once placement at a time.