Salary Range: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
One of our Client in Houston is seeking a Professional Armed Security Officer. The armed security officer is a deterrent to criminal activity by remaining visible and presenting a neat and professional appearance in properly worn uniform and associated equipment.
• Be at least 21 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
• Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
• Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
• As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
• Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
• Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
• Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
• Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Security Guards will report on time, in uniform at all times while on duty, oriented to security duties, properly instructed, supervised and with completed background checks. Uniform must be clean and neatly pressed.
The Security Guard shall at no time leave the designated premises while on assigned duty without an approved replacement being present.
The Security Guard shall make rounds of the premises randomly. When not conducting rounds of the premises, the Guard will remain at the designated security station located in the office lobby area. The Security Guard will notify client’s authorized representative should it become necessary to leave the station for reasons other than conducting rounds or responding to a security emergency.
The Security Guard shall patrol parking area and/or control parking on facilities as requested by client’s authorized representative or Designee.
The Security Guard shall address any person who is continuously loud or boisterous in an office to refrain from such or escort those individuals from the premises.
No Security Guard shall perform office work or any other work pertaining to the client other than those services for which the Security Guard has been contracted to perform.
The Security Guard at each office is to familiarize themselves with all emergency phone numbers.
The Security Guard at the building site will report to the client’s authorized representative or Designee appointed for the building.
The Security Guard shall submit reports (sign-in sheets) of hours on duty by the end of each business day.
The Security Guard will check all interior areas of leased space before going off duty to ascertain if any staff and/or remain in the building. The guard will then check all exterior doors to be sure the building is locked and secure. If a shift is completed prior to the office closing, the guard will check all areas before leaving the premises and report any of concern to the client’s authorized representative.
In the event of a security incident, the Security Guard shall complete and submit to the client’s authorized representative, a Security Incident Report. The report shall be a comprehensive accurate of details relative to the reported incident.
The Security Guard must be thoroughly familiar with the operation and control of all building life safety system such not limited to fire alarms, building life safety system, telephone system, and access and intrusion alarm systems.
• MUST HAVE 2 YEAR ARMED SECURITY EXPERIENCE
• MUST HAVE ACTIVE LEVEL 3 CARD IN HAND
MUST BE ABLE TO SPEAK AND WRITE SPANISH AND ENGLISH
GET Hire Staffing is an Employment Placement Agency- provide qualified professional employees for permanent and contract placement. We put American back into the workforce. By being the agency through which Qualified personnel are employed Nationwide.