It’s time! We’re searching for an AMAZING Technical Director who’s excited about charting the course for our crew of engineers!
We’re looking for someone excited about R&D, architecture, sustainable processes, and nurturing the professional growth of our engineering team.
We welcome technical leaders of all types to apply - whether you're a Tech Director now or you’ve demonstrated leadership ability and are ready for the next level. Come join us on our voyage!
* Processes and Policies
* Collaborate with production and engineering to strike a healthy balance between R&D, operations, and feature development
* Develop processes like code reviews and incident management
* Develop policies like introducing new programming languages
* Establish and maintain relationships with third party technology partners
* Team Support
* Discover each engineer’s hopes and dreams and turn those into actionable career plans
* Hold 1:1s, track performance, and conduct reviews
* Iterate on the engineering hiring process and delegate hiring duties as needed
* Pinch hit when engineers need help with tasks, bugs, incident response, etc
* Dive into code!
* We’re a small team and need everyone in engineering to write code
* Learn the codebase and contribute to it
* Learn what we’re missing, communicate it, and delegate or build it
*Learn what code is broken or slowing us down and develop a plan to fix it
* You find “helping the team” to be the most exciting part of this job
* Experience shipping a game or a live-service product
* You have stories of times when you advocated for colleagues and reports
* Adaptable and able to influence people across multiple levels and disciplines
* Familiarity with Git, .NET, Unity, and AWS
* Shipped a mobile game
* Experience operating a global backend
* Experience planning team events
Cover letter and resume are required for consideration. Please make sure to include them in your application.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this position.
Second Dinner is located in sunny Orange County, CA. We are a small studio that believes in moving fast and giving everyone a feeling of ownership. We see a huge opportunity to make deep, satisfying games that are optimized for mobile, and we’re currently working on an unannounced game that we’re really excited about. People who join us will have a massive impact on both the game and the company.
Second Dinner is fully funded, so we think we have everything we need to take our first game over the finish line. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and stock options. It feels like a start-up over here, but without the risk of running out of money before our next milestone.
We are an equal opportunity employer that places high value on diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, disability status, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military status, or veteran status.
A diverse team with varied perspectives makes us a better company and will help us make better games. If you can bring something new to the table and expand our point of view, that’s huge upside. Please apply!