Salary Range: $25000.00 per year
Special education paraprofessionals assist students with special needs under the direction of a certified teacher. Paraprofessionals generally work in an inclusionary setting (i.e. least restrictive environment).
The special education paraprofessional assists the teacher in general daily classroom activities, supporting scholars with all basic subjects, help special needs students, and cares for their physical, emotional health and safety, affirming their abilities, and striving to promote dignity in all relationships.
High School Diploma required
Paraprofessional Certificate through Georgia Professional Standards Commission
Having a general knowledge of all basic subjects (Math, Ela, Science, and Social Studies) for grades K-8
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assisting students in achieving academic success through supporting with understanding standard base assignments (grades K-8)
• Working with students who may be aggressive or disruptive in class
• Behavior support which includes physical management (training provided upon hire)
• Personal care
• Social integration
• Consultation and collaboration with Special Education and Regular Education
Teachers as well as related service staff
• Any and all other duties as may be assigned per Director of Scholar Services
Ivy Prep Academy has an established culture of achievement whereby academic success is vital, and the development of a girl’s individual potential is central. All Ivy Prep scholars receive a personalized education plan that guides their journey to success. They are taught by highly effective teachers who understand how girls learn best, and how to inspire each scholar to reach their potential.
We go beyond math, science, and language arts. Our rigorous curriculum and after school activities expose scholars to a host of academic and social avenues, including coding, public speaking, foreign language, college-career readiness tours, physical education, music, dance, step, cheerleading and more.