At Second Dinner, we want to make games we’re proud of. Right now we’re making a AAA Marvel game on mobile and we have the beginning of something really fun! We’re looking for an experienced Senior or Lead-level Producer, who can initially focus on the technical aspect of the project and help us build an awesome game that’s fun for our players and fun for us to operate!
Do you love to work with awesome and humble folks? We’re the humblest! Are you ready to be entrusted to try things that, you know, you think makes sense? Perfect! (and it’s ok if you make some mistakes!) Does the idea of making a huge impact on an awesome game, while the team cheers you on and compliments your super-good production abilities, make you think – hey, maybe I would like it at Second Dinner? Ok, well maybe you are not the humblest after all? Hahaha just kidding please apply, we’d love to hear from you!
- Development Planning & Execution
- Plan and execute the on-time delivery of a world-class game that is a joy for the team to launch, maintain, operate, and grow
- Drive technical development and collaborate with the engineering team to balance short term needs and long term benefits
- Oversee development of backend infrastructure that is maintainable, scalable and cost effective
- Release Management & QA
- Manage development, test & release cycle that results in smooth submission and nimble deployment of mobile apps, servers, and content
- Build and grow a sustainable QA triage and tracking process in partnership with engineering
- Develop a QA staffing strategy and oversee internal and external QA efforts
- Live Ops
- Build and grow our incident management process and prioritize post-incident work with new feature development
- Coordinate with analytics and product management team to provide development and technical operations support needed for successful live game operation
- Manage relationships with mobile app store and SaaS providers to ensure tight coordination and effective partnership
- Provide coaching for Production team members and help push the Production team forward by helping us grow and improve our processes
- Deep analytical problem solving skills
- Proven history of building iterative plans to balance scope, resources, time to market, and sustainability
- Experience launching and operating a game as a service
- Technical capabilities that enable effective collaboration with the engineering team on technical problem solving and planning
- Able to lead without authority and converge the team towards a shared set of goals and priorities
- Excellent communication skills and able to manage a large number of diverse stakeholders and rally them to a shared vision
- Positive and optimistic leadership style and the ability to stay cool under pressure
- Experience managing Producers and coaching them to success
- Love for learning and growing through experimentation
- Mobile game development experience
- Experience with incident management and running retrospectives
- Experience using tools for bug tracking, error reporting, and incident debugging
- Background in engineering or IT
- Experience with GitHub, Unity, and AWS
We recommend that you attach your cover letter and resume as one document.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this position.Company Description:
Second Dinner is located in sunny Orange County, CA. We are a small studio that believes in moving fast and giving everyone a feeling of ownership. People who join us will have a massive impact on both the game and the company.
We appreciate companies that can make remote work successful, but we prefer the serendipity and organic collaboration of being co-located in an office. Due to the COVID-19 shelter-in-place order, we are temporarily working from home.
Second Dinner is fully funded, so we think we have everything we need to take our first game over the finish line. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and stock options. It feels like a start-up over here, but without the risk of running out of money before our next milestone.
We are an equal opportunity employer that places high value on diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, disability status, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military status, or veteran status. A diverse team with varied perspectives makes us a better company and will help us make better games. If you can bring something new to the table and expand our point of view, that’s huge upside. Please apply!