Combi Sales Application Engineer
Responsible for the support of Combi RSM’s (Regional Sales Managers). This support is Pre-Sales and Post Sale with application details and technical support. This responsibility will also include supporting the complete project with assistance to the sales administrative team, project management team, engineering, and shop personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not limited to as others may be assigned:
Pre Sales / Post Sale Layouts:
- Create customer specific layouts for quote stage and sales support (Pre Sale and Order)
- Create final approval layouts once order has been received
- Update and create Standard Equipment layouts and blocks to use for Pre Sale and Order
- Provide Technical expertise and advice when needed from RSM
- Provide Technical support on phone conference calls with RSM’s and or Channel Partners
- Make joint sales calls with RSM’s (when needed and approved by Manager)
- Work with Project Management and Engineering to relay all application and project details
- Main responsibility for RSM support is to work with 3/6 RSM’s however this will/may change and is not limited and will require support for entire sales staff at times.
- Provide Cost Estimates to RSM’s for quote purposes.
- Track margins and evaluate once project is complete and compared to what was quoted
- Attend review meetings for discussions on the application/job details and handle concerns with what was sold
- Work with Project Management and Engineering to relay all application and project details to proper parties for smoother project process.
- Add any necessary input into ODS from project knowledge
- Project Manage the purchase of OEM equipment and special conveyors when asked and needed.
Conveyor / OEM Estimates & Ordering:
- Responsible for getting quotes and layouts and providing detailed information to engineering or purchasing of conveyor & Special OEM equipment
- Further expand product-handling knowledge by searching for alternate or additional suppliers with more product handling capabilities
- Attend material handling shows if needed (Decided by Manager).
- Provide support to engineering group when asked regarding details of project and application.
- Work with mechanical and electrical engineering for detailed specifics and costs related items to customer specifications for quoting and estimating (spec packages and new options/mods)
- Manage and read through customer related specification packages to determine what can be quoted, what portions are excluded, and what portions need to be additional charges. This will include identifying sections for electrical and mechanical input and support.
- Provide detailed list if these items so quotes can be generated
- If order is accepted, spec package details will need to be relayed to engineering in orderly fashion for ODS entry
Sales Administrative Support:
- Support Sales Admin position for technical questions on equipment so quotes can be generated by sales admin.
Sales Sample Management:
- Work with the outside RSM assigned to you on product sample management. Review, evaluate, dimension, and storage these samples in the designated RSM sample bin.
- Manage and discard samples when no longer needed.
Demonstrates expertise in technical support to customers and sales reps with strong mechanical skills. Assumes responsibility for small to medium scale projects with minimal supervision.
o Syteline Software, CRM, AutoCAD, Inventor, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
o Excellent customer interaction abilities
o Effective written and oral communication skills
o Ability to travel when needed
o Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
o Strong organizational skills
o Strong problem solving and decision making skills
Combi Packaging Systems LLC manufactures Case Erectors, Tray Erectors, Case Packers, Case Sealers and Handpacking Stations. Celebrating 38 years of experience in the packaging industry, we offer a wide range of innovative equipment from simple handpack systems to complete packaging automation. With a proven track record in facilities around the world, we offer our customers a single source for design, fabrication and assembly of total end of the line packaging solutions.
Check us out: https://youtu.be/KUTI0yLdJ6E
- 2 Medical Plan Options - including an HSA option, as well as waiver reimbursement
- Dental - including orthodontia
- Voluntary Vision
- 401k with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Tuition Assistance