- Develops and implements marketing initiatives for the City of Kennesaw; analyzes current marketing strategies, including e-commerce and website development; develops proactive responses to make necessary adjustment; reviews market analysis to determine customer needs.
- Creates marketing and promotional materials, including radio, newspaper, brochures, fliers, and direct mail; designs and prints materials using computerized desktop publishing software; lays out pamphlets, brochures, fliers, newsletters, advertisements, and other publications; takes photographs and maintains photo database for use in marketing and promotional materials; designs graphics used in collateral materials; writes and submits press releases.
- Coordinates all advertising campaigns, including television, radio, print ads, direct mail pieces, etc.; develops partnerships with local media to obtain positive public relations; oversees all special marketing events and publicity functions; manages media placement and purchase.
- Maintains and updates City of Kennesaw website and social media pages; gathers, writes and posts information regarding programs, schedules, activities and events; works with staff to develop and maintain website’s content; monitors website activity and social media reach.
- Promotes the City of Kennesaw; builds relationships and partnerships with local and regional sites, businesses, organizations, Metro-Atlanta attractions, Georgia Tourism Industry, as well as internal City departments; coordinates and develops proposals and plans itineraries for prospective industry representatives; attends trade shows; conducts site tours; prepares and provides information materials; maintains communication and works closely with a variety of local, regional or national agencies and clients.
- Responds to inquiries; answers questions and responds to requests; responds to media inquiries and questions; provides print and broadcast interviews as needed.
Attends meetings and makes presentations; provides information to civic organizations, businesses and potential sponsors; develops and prepares presentations; provides brochures and other collateral materials.
- Assists with coordinating special events and activities; designs and produces publicity materials and articles for events; monitors expenditures for fiscal compliance; coordinates set up and tear down for events, etc.
- Develops and implements marketing budget; monitors expenditures for adherence to established budgetary parameters.
- Researches, compiles, and/or monitors administrative or statistical data pertaining to marketing operations and effectiveness; summarizes data, performs routine data analysis, and prepares reports; conducts research of department files, database records, electronic data sources, Internet sites, hardcopy materials, or other sources as needed.
- Communicates with supervisor, City employees, the public, the media, outside agencies, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, resolve problems, or give/receive advice/direction.
- Prepares, types, proofreads, and/or completes various forms, reports, correspondence, Freedom of Information Act requests, press releases, newsletters, brochures, fliers, lists, directories, logs, notices, charts, graphs, spreadsheets, brochures or other documents.
- Receives various forms, reports, correspondence, project information letters, fliers, drafts, policies, procedures, manuals, handbooks, directories, reference materials, or other documentation; reviews, completes, proofreads, processes, forwards or retains as appropriate.
- Maintains a comprehensive, current knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, codes, regulations; maintains an awareness of new issues, methods, equipment, trends and advances in the profession; reads professional literature; participates in continuing education activities; attends meetings, conferences, workshops and training sessions as appropriate
- Operates a personal computer, general office equipment, or other equipment as necessary to complete essential functions, to include the use of word processing, spreadsheet, database, or other system software.
Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related field; supplemented by three year(s) of experience in marketing, advertising, public relations, graphic design, or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
City of Kennesaw-Growing City, Growing Careers
From its pre-Civil War beginnings in the 1800s, to its current reputation as a Best City to Live In, Kennesaw has been recognized throughout the U.S. for its standards of excellence and quality of life. Kennesaw has grown to a community of 36,000 residents within a 9-square-mile area. Located 26 miles north of downtown Atlanta near I-75, Kennesaw has taken advantage of its convenient location and the willingness of its employees to provide a strong base of services to businesses, residents, and visitors alike.
The City of Kennesaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and the Kennesaw Police Department actively recruits any qualified person regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or age.
We participate in the E-Verify program as required by law. To find out more, visit. www.everify.gov