This job is REMOTE
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Manager, Technical Support Engineer to join our Client Success team and provide a world-class level of platform support to our clients.
Who we are:
- At Axero, we built a modern, employee-centric intranet that unifies teams and accelerates growth. Our product connects people, conversations, and documents to bring rhythm to the digital workplaces of our clients, who are some of the world’s most innovative employee-centric organizations, including Toyota, Johns Hopkins University, and Benjamin Moore
- We work with clients to expand the value of communication, knowledge management, and collaboration into new areas
- We build long-lasting relationships with our clients and our employees, built on integrity, excellence, transparency, and trust
- We encourage entrepreneurial mindsets and independent decision-making - our team is not afraid to fail fast in order to innovate and push our product to new limits
- We are headquartered in New York City but are a 100% remote, global team that works across 10 states and 3 continents
What you’ll do:
- You’ll oversee the technical support team (team of three: two in the US and one in India) working alongside them solving customer issues and requests, while also driving forward projects, team initiatives, and employee growth plans
- You’ll own our customers’ experience with technical support and partner with client success, engineering and product teams to decrease total ticket volume while driving continuous improvement.
- You’ll ensure achievement of KPI metrics, including first response time, response SLAs, and average ticket age.
- You’ll provide professional development coaching and conduct performance counseling such as writing and administering annual performance reviews.
- You’ll provide quality monitoring coaching to engineers to enhance customer experience, soft skills, and developmental opportunities.
- You’ll develop and ensure adherence to quality policies and departmental standard operating procedures.
- You’ll work in conjunction with management to recommend the need for and recruit, interview, and fill open positions. Coordinates new hire on-boarding and training activities.
- You’ll serve as a point of contact to technical support center staff to address customer escalations and meet customer expectations. Ensures timely processing of customer requests and helps resolve customer disputes.
- You’ll own special projects, as necessary, to contribute to the expansion of business goals and to achieve best-in-class service.
- You’ll recognize new/potential product issues/problems and escalate as needed for resolution.
Example Technical Support Engineer Activities:
- You’ll troubleshoot customer issues and resolve them in a timely fashion
- You’ll help our clients set up integrations and Single Sign-On (SSO)
- You’ll perform SQL queries to gather and change information on a client database
- In partnership with Marketing, Engineering, and Development teams, you’ll plan, write and develop relevant assets including technical how-to’s
- You’ll plan, participate in, and report on feature testing prior to release
- You’ll act as the voice of the client internally to represent and advocate for the client's product needs, help prioritize and groom sprint development cycles along with development and product
- You’ll support Axero employees with technical issues and proactively share best practices.
- You’ll perform database rollbacks and recoveries from our AWS S3 when necessary
- You’ll set up new cloud instances and demo sites using AWS Route 53 DNS, and on-premise installations and updates directly on client-hosted servers
What you’ll need:
- You have successfully managed a team of support engineers
- You have successfully built foundational training to improve soft skills, troubleshooting skills, and uplevel technical skills
- You are equally excited seeing others improve and solving complex technical issues
- You’ll be adaptable and creative to problem solve and present workable solutions
- You enthusiastically take a hands-on approach to provide best practices, manage issues, and solve technical problems
- You’ll have experience in CSS, HTML, SSO, SQL database queries, and APIs
- You have experience with IIS and MS SQL server administration
- You have an understanding of network administration and how it impacts LAN server hosting
- You have admin experience with at least 1 major Directory/Tenant provider like Azure AD, Windows AD, and Okta among others
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and high integrity
- You have thoughtful verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to business people
- You enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- You have a growth mindset and love to challenge the way things are done as part of a relentless pursuit of improvement
- You have an empathetic, positive attitude and a natural desire to help our clients reach their goals
- When you identify an opportunity for us to improve, you share a suggested solution
- You are comfortable in a small-firm environment. We move quickly and wear many hats in our collaborative and dynamic remote environment.
Extra credit for you
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in corporate communications or managing a company intranet
- Web programming experience within a fast-paced software or technology firm
- Ability to reverse engineer hard-to-reproduce issues by understanding the code
- UI/design experience
- Technical documentation experience
Reports to: Jennifer Kirkland - VP, Client Success
Target Start Date: Immediate
Base salary Range: $90,000-$105,000
What we offer:
- We want you to stay happy, focused, and creative so make use of our flexible and unlimited PTO plan when you need to recharge
- You’ll enjoy 100% coverage across our medical, dental, and vision plan offerings
- Invest in your future and build your personal wealth by investing in our 401(k) plan with company matching contribution
Axero is the leading provider of social intranet software for businesses of all sizes. We are an established, privately-held, and funded, profitable software (SaaS) firm with clients, partners, and team members across the globe. We are at the forefront of enabling collaboration and driving productivity for employees everywhere. Our product, Communifire, is a central, instantly searchable hub for your teams, conversations, and documents.