Client is looking for Enterprise Architect resources in a staggered approach to assistance in evaluating in-place service monitoring which includes identifying what monitoring is happening now, who it is being sent to, and what escalation model is in place for alerting. After evaluating existing monitoring and identifying gaps, we need the first resource to provide a recommended defined direction and action plan to implement needed changes to the monitoring environment. Work is anticipated to be off-site.
In the next stage, the plan is to go into implementation mode. This is where the State needs the assistance of the second resource along with the first resource and staff from Middleware and Database to ensure that all monitoring, alerting, and escalations are in place by the time the engagement is complete. In order to ensure this happens, the resources need to plan, develop, and enhance application and service monitoring with Operations. This will include but is not limited to:
· Insure the IT strategy and planning is aligned with the organization’s business mission, strategy, and processes and document this using multiple architectural models that show how the current and future technology needs of the organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner
· Provide technical guidance, road maps, principles, standards and best practices focused on enabling business and IT leadership to make investment decisions that balance and prioritize current operational demands, disruptions, and opportunities with the longer-term strategic vision of the organization
· Define the “as is”, “to be” and “future” architecture
· Provide oversight of infrastructure, security, data and application architecture
· Analyze and translate business, information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives
· Develop a consensus based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and in sync with ever-changing business needs
· Develop road map for evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from current to future state including operating in a bi-modal manner
· Provide advice and guidance to IT leadership and management team on latest architecture principles and approach
· Provide knowledge transfer
· Five (5) years’ experience in Enterprise Architect role
o A Master’s degree substitutes for three years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree substitutes for two years, or an Associate’s degree substitutes for one year
· Four (4) engagements lasting more than three (3) months in Enterprise Architect role.
· Comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering
· Systems thinking – the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (“big picture” thinking)
· Knowledge of IT governance and operations
· Knowledge of financial modeling as it pertains to IT investment
· Interpersonal and leadership skills – servant leadership, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills
· Communication skills – both written and verbal
· Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
· Project and program management planning and organizational skills
· Time management and prioritization
Enclipse is a global consulting and technology services company. Committed to delivering innovation, Enclipse collaborates with its clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. Enclipse continuously researches what it takes for businesses to succeed. We provide a nurturing environment for our highly-talented employees. We come up with ideas, concepts, innovations and inventions that revolutionize your business.