We are currently recruiting for an English Language Learners Teacher to join our outstanding faculty of teachers for the 2020 school year.
The ideal candidate believes in collaboration with other colleagues and promotes understanding and communication in a diverse learning and cultural environment. You must have a solid understanding of the national curriculum standards and have experience closing the achievement gap, and you must also develop engaging and innovative lessons that allow our students to grow academically, socially and emotionally. Finally, you are someone who incorporates technology and hands-on learning experiences in the classroom with enthusiasm.
The role of the English Language Learners Specialist is primarily to oversee the delivery, instruction, and identification of English Language Learners. Provide early intervention support in classrooms. Advocates for the academic and social needs of English Language Learners and ensures they are best positioned for success. Communicate and coordinate with parents as applicable.
Job Skills & Qualifications
The Maryland Public Charter School Act of 2015 defines employees of a public charter school as public-school employees of the local school district in which the charter school is located. All charter school educational employees are subject to the terms of the negotiated agreements and shall receive the same rights and protections afforded educational staff employees in the traditional schools of the Prince George’s County School System (PGCPS). All qualified applicants must apply through the PGCPS iRecruitment Website
Legends Charter School Mission
In partnership with students, parents and Prince George’s County community, Legends Charter School will provide an advanced liberal arts college preparatory education, incorporating financial education and supplemented with Blended Learning to personalize scholars learning experience and establish robust financial portfolios.
The innovative Legends School Model consists of:
- A rigorous, well-rounded advanced liberal-arts college preparatory curriculum including courses not traditionally offered at Prince George’s County Public Schools (PGCPS),
- Core courses taught by content specialist K-8, supplemented with blended learning. Starting at kindergarten, the Legends School Model has four core instructors, Subject Expert Teachers, for the advanced liberal arts courses that include math, science, reading and humanities (social studies/ELA). This approach allows teachers to focus on and master their core subject with a higher level of expertise and deeper understanding.
- Two-adults in each classroom for K-5. Legends Charter School students will be supported by having two adults - a state-certified Subject Expert Teacher and a Legends Fellow from kindergarten through 5th grade.
- Incorporation of Financial Literacy Education curriculum starting in Kindergarten with an opportunity to create stock portfolios. This unique financial education offers Legends Financial Literacy Curriculum, Legends Circle of Investing Enrichment and Legends Virtual Stock Simulation Enrichment.
- Unique Professional Development. Professional Development at Legends is designed to support, develop and retain our talent, to prevent burnout and increase success and satisfaction – allowing us to best serve our students.
Positive School Culture
At Legends, we are building a positive school culture from the ground up, starting with our facility. Our school will be designed incorporating the WELL Building Standard, that will create healthy learning environments and improve the wellness and well-being of its students, faculties and supporting staff members.
The Legends School Model promotes a positive school culture that includes high expectations for both our staff and our students, positive teacher-student interactions, where our students feel safe, connected and engaged, and a high parent involvement strategy.