We are seeking a proactive, results-oriented Communications Analyst with experience in communications, influence campaigns, information operations, marketing, or related field(s) to join our team.
In this role, you will provide day-to-day support for clients, guiding them through analysis in a new social media analytics software tool. A successful candidate will have an understanding of social media and communication principles, as well as experience supporting users with software tools. You will deliver feedback from client interactions to software development teams to ensure future versions address clients’ evolving needs.
The position will require on-site work in Northern Virginia for team meetings or to execute trainings for a Federal Government client.
Work Experience and Skills:
- Provide day-to-day support for our client, guiding them through use and functionality of a new social media analytics software tool.
- Act as an end-user for developed technology, i.e., identifying workflows and analyzing data that support the client’s objectives.
- Monitor global events through designated tools, open source information, and other provided resources that could align with client’s objectives and area of responsibility.
- Build, maintain, and manage client relationships.
- Provide feedback from clients to partner company software developers.
- Assist in the development and delivery of training sessions on social media analytics software.
- Support and cultivate company growth by identifying and acting upon opportunities to promote development and expansion of capabilities.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree with 3+ years of work experience.
- Exceptional analytic and critical-thinking skills. Skilled at drawing meaningful and objective conclusions based on qualitative and quantitative research from multiple, disparate sources.
- Ability to quickly learn software or technology platforms and be valued as an on-site resource.
- Ability to exchange complex information between the client, software developers, and other external partners.
- Ability to work independently and consistently deliver quality outputs in an intellectually challenging and fast-paced environment. Well-organized and capable of handling multiple projects and ad-hoc requests simultaneously.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to share factual information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work directly with clients and develop relationships on behalf of the company.
- Experience in client-facing role, working with and delivering insights directly to stakeholders in an organization.
- Experience with social influence or communication analysis, to include an understanding of relevant theories and principles.
- Familiarity with or prior use of commercially-available social media listening and analytic tools (such as NetBase, Crimson Hexagon, Zignal, Talkwalker, Sysomos, or similar).
This position requires the candidate to have a current Top Secret security clearance. Candidates must be SCI eligible (possess SCI or have had SCI in the last 24 months).Company Description:
Parenthetic is a small strategic consultancy working on innovative, fail-fast projects in the communication and information space, helping clients advance the way they influence attitudes and behaviors. We’re passionate about developing new techniques and technologies to tackle difficult challenges with global impact. Leveraging methods developed in commercial industry and refined for use by the USG, Parenthetic works at every stage of the communication development cycle, providing services in strategy and design; audience, competitor and communication landscape analysis; message content creation and assessment; and quantifying campaign effects. Parenthetic bridges the gap between newly developed technology and end users: Translating end user requirements to technical teams and similarly translating technology capabilities and features to targeted end users. Parenthetic is headquartered in Alexandria, VA and offers competitive salary, generous paid time-off policy, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, and a retirement plan with company match.
Parenthetic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.